-
June 17th, 2003, 02:12 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Does anyone use a AEM regulator in their forced induction teg?
A shop is trying to tell me they shouldnt be used for boost, but AEM says they are good upto 120psi.
Anyone?
-
June 17th, 2003, 11:39 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I do and haven't had problems. However, it's never seen more than 70 psi of fuel, and that was only for a brief period. It runs at stock FP with 440s now.
-
June 17th, 2003, 11:51 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I used one with no problems, but again, mine never went north of 70psi.
-
June 17th, 2003, 11:53 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I have an AEM FPR on my set-up. Works great. I would believe AEM over your shop.
-
June 17th, 2003, 11:55 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I had mine for several years now from 100psi and now back to stock fuel pressures. still no problems yet
-
June 17th, 2003, 01:10 PM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Ive taken mine up to 90psi back when I had all the original JR equipment and stock injectors.
Now it sees a max of 75psi or so.
Works fine for me. Papadakis was using an AEM FPR on his drag civic btw...and lots of other folks use them on high HP applications with monster amounts of boost
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 17, 2003 10:11 AM: Message edited by: CROM ]</font>
-
June 19th, 2003, 08:34 PM
#7
Site Administrator
I have had mine for a few years now and it has seen upwards of 100psi.
Back when I bought mine it was a package with Zip. He had problems at 100psi while I did not. Spoke to tech at AEM and they said it used the same diaphram as the stock unit at was good to 100psi but they were looking at an improved version. Guess they finaly made one [img]smile.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks